Mischievous+ Robot

robot

Dear Ambassadors of the Israeli China,

My name is Andrew Harrison, of the R.i.M. neighborhood, U.S.C. You might have heard of it. We've been in the news lately as one of the most unique and innovative slums in the whole of the United States of Canada. (Or as I know it, the most annoying place in the world. My foster sister is as innovative as a medieval Viking, yet not so smart as to be quick with her murdering of my ear drums.) I am the father (writing that is painful, and thankfully, not at all trueof the inventor who made it all possible. 

My daughter has created a number of robots out of spare parts to make our neighborhood more livable, including robots that create living water systems—things that make a continuous water supply out of rainwater, ground water, and our own recycled water. (It taste awful, but we're still alive, so I have to give her that.) She's created fixer bots that are continuously making repairs to things they identify as broken. They collect items deemed not useful and then adapt them to make the repairs. (They are loud noisy and create more problems than they solve. The roof of my dwelling was leaking while I was sleeping, and me, being dumb, decided to complain about it. The next thing I know, they turned the hole into a naturally powered shower. That is worse, for the record.) Those, along with a few other bots that entertain people, have made a great change in our community.

She is a smart girl, exceptionally talented at coding and with the mechanics of robotics. (No one can contest this, even me.) Though she is self-taught, I wonder if you would consider her admission into your international robotics contest. I am very hopeful that she might one day fill a position at one of your government robotic companies, helping you defend the world against terror. Should she be accepted into one of your programs, we will do our best to get her there in a timely fashion. ( I have the crate all picked out, talked to my friend Antonio at the mail office downtown, who says he has a drone that can safely ship her, and I've spoken with the elders who, thinking it is a grand opportunity for her, procured the necessary papers for entering another country.)
   

                                                 In All Shalom,
                                                                           
signature of Andrew Harrison
         of the RiM


   

                                           


                                                                                                      

Comments

Popular Posts